Wednesday 6 April 2011

Je Vais a Paris

I am so excited! Its seven school days until the Easter holidays and this year my family and I are going to the fashion capital-Paris.  Unfortunately for me, I don't think my parents have a shopping trip in mind but if I don't go to rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore I might have a fit on the Metro... Speaking of Paris and shops, I recently bought  a book (Sleeping Beauty) that Christian Lacroix has illustrated. It is the most beautiful book I think I've ever seen and I have read it twice already! As soon as I saw it standing on the shop bookshelf I fell in love with it. I'm meant to be on work experience but they won't  mind me buying The Most Beautiful Book Ever, will they?


Do you see what I mean? I wish I was as imaginative as Mr Lacroix....
From top to bottom:Cover of book with selected pictures, society lady illustration, Princess Beauty and the Royal Palace ready for the party.
The book isn't just Sleeping Beauty though, its actually kind of his biography for children! It connects how his career was born with the classic fairy tale and at the end of the book you will find a timeline of key points in his life and career. I have to say, Christian Lacroix is my new favourite designer!

No comments:

Post a Comment