Friday 22 April 2011

Parisian Fashion





I have just arrived back from a very culture filled trip in Paris. As I said before, I was hoping to do some shopping in the big stores like Christian Lacroix, Chanel etc and go to rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore but I never got the  chance. Being part of a cultured family has its ups and downs and one of the downs is that they don't do shops. On the plus side, I got to go to a LOT of art galleries like the Lovre, the Pompidou and Musee d'Orsay. I even saw the Mona Lisa. But travelling on the Metro and walking around a lot meant that I got to do a lot of people watching. If I'm honest with you, I thought that the French were quite frumpy and a few years behind in fashion. I guess I got that from the exchange students. They always come over wearing ankle swingers, Adidas hoodies and running shoes. But I am completely happy to admit that I was wrong! Everybody had their own style and everybody made a statement. I'll be recreating some of the best outfits I saw on Polyvore and posting them here. I hope everybody has a wonderful Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment